ADORE Home living WARRANTY information
Adore's products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the products repaired or replaced if the products fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. More details of your consumer rights are found on section 4 and at www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
This warranty applies to only furniture used under normal household use and conditions. It does not include normal wear and tear. This warranty is non-transferable. Pending any initial assessments, if a service call is required, this is included in regard to repairs within the first two (2) years from delivery and charged accordingly thereafter. Conditions apply for regional customers. Please note that each Warranty is specific to a product or a component of a product. Please note the exclusions to this Warranty that are listed in this document and the specific exclusions for each specific product and component warranty listed in the below table.
|Product/Components||Warranty period |
(From date of purchase)
|1.1||Frame used in lounges||10 Years||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.2||All other components of your lounge other than 1.1|
(including leather, fabric, foam, stitching etc.)
|2 Years||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.3||Electronic and motion components |
for all recliners and sofa beds
|2 years||Excluding batteries and transformers that come with a 12 month warranty. Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.4||Bedroom furniture structure||2 Years||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.5||Dining Table||2 years||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.6||Dining Chairs including upholstery||1 Year||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.7||Mattresses||5-20 Year depending on the manufacture||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.8||Furnishing, home decor and lighting |
(Lighting products must be installed by a licensed electrician.)
|1 Year||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.9||Case goods (Coffee table, Wall Unit, Buffet etc.)||1 Year||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.10||All components of your product other than 1.1 and 1.9 above (including, lacquered and other timber finishes, chrome and metal, glass and marble.)||1 Year||Components and products used for business purposes.|
|1.11||All other items not mentioned 1.1-1.10||1 Year||Components and products used for business purposes.|
Any exclusions specifically listed for the relevant product or component in the above table;and where the Warranty would normally apply but the product has:
- 2.1. been delivered to a locality outside of Australia whether by Adore Furniture, another third party or the original purchaser; and
- 2.2. at any stage during the use of the product by the original purchaser, the purchaser transports the product to a locality outside of Australia; and
- 2.3. not been purchased directly from Adore Furniture; and
- 2.4. been modified or changed without approval from Adore Furniture; and
- 2.5. had any product tags removed, altered or defaced; and
- 2.6. where the Warranty would normally apply to applicable components but the product or components of the product have:
a. not been purchased directly from Adore Furniture; and
b. had any product tags removed, altered or defaced; and
c. been modified or changed without approval from Adore Furniture; and
d. Fabrics supplied by you or outside suppliers. Please note that fabrics and leathers supplied by an outside supplier may be covered by the supplier’s own warranties; and
- 2.7. normal wear and tear associated with the products and components. Fabrics, leathers, suspension components, cushioning and fillings will show signs of wear and tear with use. In this regard, please note that the following may occur as result of natural and normal usage;
- 2.8. fabrics and leathers will fade and crease;
- 2.9. foam and fillings will soften and form to the shape of the user over time;
- 2.10. depending on the covering and the degree of use, the covering materials, cushion fillings and suspension may need to be replaced periodically at the purchaser’s expense;
- 2.11. scars, marks and differing pore density and colour are natural characteristics of leather and are not to be considered defects;
- 2.12. the leather and fabric products are upholstered by hand and therefore, the size and weight of these products may have variations of up to 5% from the sample products or from any product specification you have been quoted;
- 2.13. Adore Furniture reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether a component has failed due to a defect or wear and tear. Any item requiring replacement due to wear and tear will be at your own expense; and
- 2.14. colour variations caused by exposure to the local environment for products including but not limited to fabrics, leathers, timber veneer and solid timber; and
- 2.15. damage caused by spills such as acid, solvents, dyes or other corrosive materials, ink, paint, or bodily fluids;
- 2.16. damage cause by improper cleaning, negligence, treatment of the product with chemicals, exposing the product to sun, extreme heat or bright light such as lamps;
- 2.17. the cost of transporting the Product to and/or from the specified place of repair or replacement;
- 2.18. lighting products not installed by a licensed electrician, proof of licensed electrician invoice must be provided at the time of making claim;
- 2.19. damage caused by use of parts and consumables that are not the genuine manufacturer’s parts and consumables. Please note that for any item that is not actually manufactured by Adore Furniture, we will only provide that repair or replacement service to the extent that we can obtain the manufacturer’s approval to do so on their behalf, otherwise we will not offer that repair or replacement warranty for such item; and
- 2.20. freight, call-out fees, labour and other items associated with making a claim under this Warranty where the claim is an invalid warranty claim. If the claim is a valid warranty claim, then Adore Furniture will only be liable for the costs that it has pre-approved in writing, where pre-approval must be obtained by you prior to you incurring those costs. All costs for which pre-approval in writing is not obtained by you in accordance with this paragraph are excluded from this Warranty and they will be charged to you at standard Adore Furniture rates; and
- 2.21. products or components that become defective as a consequence of misuse, lack of proper care and maintenance, commercial use or handling in transit. You must use and maintain the products and components in accordance with the care instructions for the relevant product and component as provided on Adore Furniture’s website and any other information made available you by Adore Furniture. If a component of a product becomes defective, you must not attempt to repair it yourself. Doing so may cause damage which is not covered by this Warranty;
- 2.22. this Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the products where the products are delivered to an Australian delivery address and remain in Australia for the life of the product. You cannot assign or transfer any benefit conferred by this Warranty. All subsequent purchasers acquire the products ‘as is’ and without the protection of the Warranty;
Adore Furniture Customer Service must be notified of any defect within 7 days of the defect occurring by either the telephone number (08) 9414 8886 or by email to email@example.com.
You must provide the following information upon notification of the defect:
- Your name, Invoice number; and
- Order delivery address; and
- Your phone number; and
- Adore Furniture product details; and
- Photographic evidence of the defect; and
- A written explanation of the defeat.
Once a claim has been lodged with our service department, Adore Furniture will assess your claim, and respond within 10 business days. The purchaser must bear the expense of making the claim, and the cost of all freight, house calls, labours and other items. These will be charged o the purchaser at standard rates. Adore Furniture reserves the right in its absolute discretion to determine whether a part has failed due to a defect or wear and tear.
Should your product be defective, you may choose to make a claim under Australian Consumer Law or the Adore Furniture Warranty against defects.
- 4.1. If your have a “minor problem” with an Adore Furniture product, Adore Furniture can, at its cost, choose to repair the product instead of replacing it or refunding you.
- 4.2. If you have a “major Problem” with an Adore Furniture product, you have the right to choose whether to reject the goods (and either choose a refund or a replacement) or as for compensation for the drop in value below the price you paid.
For goods, there is a “major failure” to comply with a consumer guarantee when:
- 5.1. You would not have purchase the product if you had known about the problem; or
- 5.2. The product is significantly different from the description, sample or demonstration model you were shown; or
- 5.3. The product is substantially unfit for its normal purpose and cannot easily be made fit within a reasonable time; or
- 5.4. The product is substantially unfit for the purpose you told the supplier about and cannot easier be made fit within a reasonable time; or
- 5.5. The product is unsafe;
- 5.6. If there is a “Major failure” of An Adore Furniture product, you can choose to:
5.6.1. Return the goods to us and ask for a refund;
5.6.2. Return the goods to us and ask for a replacement; or
5.6.3. Keep the goods and ask us for compensation for the difference in value from either the supplier or the manufacturer.
A “minor failure” is something that is not a “major failure”. It can be fixed in a reasonable period of time.
- 6.1. If your Adore Furniture product is subject to a “minor failure”, Adore Furniture can choose to:
- 6.2. Repair the Adore Furniture product at no cost to you;
- 6.3. Replace the Adore Furniture product at no cost to you; or
- 6.4. Refund you;
- 6.5. If Adore Furniture fails to give you a free repair within a reasonable time or cannot fix your problem, you can:
6.5.1. Get it done elsewhere and pass on the cost to Adore Furniture;
6.5.2. Ask for a replacement;
6.5.3. Ask for a refund;
6.5.4. Recover compensation from Adore Furniture for the drop in value below the price you paid.
You are responsible for returning the goods to Adore Furniture at your expense in the circumstances which you have picked up the goods or agreed upon by you or an Adore Furniture representative.
- 7.1. However, if the item is faulty and/or the cost of return, remove or transport the goods will be significant to you and you have paid delivery/service expenses in full, then Adore Furniture must arrange for the goods to be collected from you within a reasonable time and at the expense of Adore Furniture.
Consumer guarantees do not apply if you:
- 8.1. Received what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or has no use for it;
- 8.2. Misused a product in any way that caused the problem; or
- 8.3. Knew of, or were made aware of, the faults before you bought the product.
For further information about the Australian Consumer Law and consumer guarantees, visit www.consumerlaw.gov.au.
Please ensure that your furniture is used as it was intended. Do not sit on arms of lounges, do not sit or stand on table tops, and do not pivot on the back legs of chairs.
- 9.1. Sunlight – as with any product, prolonged exposure of furniture to direct sunlight will harm it. Direct exposure to sunlight will cause leather and fabrics to fade and may also cause excessive drying. Direct exposure to sunlight will cause timber products, particular doors, tops and side panels to warp.
- 9.2. Upholstered furniture – if thread becomes loose on fabric, simply cut it off. Do not pull it. Avoid harsh brushing and sharp objects as it will cause damage.
- 9.3. Lacquered & timber furniture – Natural timber and veneer finishes will show distinctive markings, patterns and colour variations which are evidence of being produced from genuine timber materials. Always use protective heat coverings to protect against hot objects. A tablecloth is not sufficient. Always use coasters when placing glasses, bottles or cups on the surface. Clean surface by using no abrasive, soft cloth.
- 9.4. Marble finishes – Marble are natural material. Each piece is unique in markings and patterns and colour variation. Always use protective heat coverings to protect against hot objects. A tablecloth is not sufficient. Always use coasters when placing glasses, bottles or cups on surface. Any liquid spills should be wiped clean immediately. Clean surface by using no abrasive, soft cloth.
- 9.5. Chrome & metal finishes – Dust the surface regularly to avoid build-up of pollutants, which may cause the surface to rust. Only use a recognised brand of chrome polish.
- 9.6. Glass – use a regular glass cleaner with an appropriate soft cloth. Always use mat to avoid hot object being in direct contact with glass. Avoid contact with sharp or hard objects as this will cause scratching. Never lift glass top from the ends of a table as this will put unnecessary stress on the surface and may cause it to break.
- 9.7. Lighting – Only use globes with Australian SAA approval.